Answered By: eTeam Support Last Updated: Aug 19, 2016 Views: 114
SciFinder Scholar (includes Chemical Abstracts) provides unlimited access to the world's most comprehensive and authoritative source of references, substances, and reactions in chemistry and related sciences.
Create a SciFinder Account
To use SciFinder, you must create a personal account first on campus only. Once you have created your account, you may use it off-campus. Here's how:
- From on campus only, open this account registration link.
- Follow the registration instructions on the screen.
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration. Follow the instructions in the email and complete your registration within 48 hours. Be sure to record your SciFinder login information.
Regardless of whether you are on-campus or off-campus, you will need the SciFinder login information you created above to access the database. If off-campus, you may also need to enter your MyGeorgiaSouthern login information before you can access the SciFinder login page.
In addition to clicking on any SciFinder Scholar link on this page, you may access this database via the library homepage. Here's how:
- Go to the Library Homepage.
- Click on the 'S' in the A-Z Databases List.
- Find and click on SciFinder Scholar (includes Chemical Abstracts).
- Enter your SciFinder login information
When you are done using SciFinder, be sure to logout.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Services Desk at (912)478-5645.